What is an Oral Presentation?
As an oral presenter, you can deliver your presentation live to the audience effectively and engage with fruitful discussions with the audience. Oral presenters will get a lot of benefits in their registration fee package
Important tips, information and guideline for Oral presentations
Guidelines for the presentation sides
- Consider the sequence and relevancy of slides. The current slide should build a path to next slide
- Use graphs and charts to illustrate your prominent points. Those will help the audience to clearly understand the content.
- Make it simple. Too much fancy graphs and charts with huge data and numbers will mess the mind of the audience. Don’t use more flash, gif images, and fancy colors. Otherwise, audience will only remember those effects not your message. Make it simple!
- Use the 6-6-6 rule: (maximum 6 words per bullet, maximum 6 bullets per slide, and maximum 6 text slides in a row). The fewest words and effective imagery will have the most powerful effect.
- Use high-contrast, easy-to-read fonts that are common to most computers. Do not use ALL CAPS, italics, and other enhancements that clutter and are distracting. A good guideline is a minimum of 30-point text.
Please follow the below guidelines do your presentation very effectively and these tips will help you to keep the audience interested throughout your presentation.
- Form a story. Try to tell a story rather than giving too much of information. Organize your thoughts, develop a good transition between slides and give more information
- Use visual aids. Visual aids Such as slides attract and hold an audience’s attention and help to reinforce what you say as well as helping you keep on track with your presentation. You need to keep these visuals – and your remarks – simple and easy to read and understand.
- Kick off the start. Start the presentation with some eye-opening facts from your findings. One good way to get their attention is to start with a question.
- Make the case relevant to the audience. Try to prove your points and findings to the audience. More your presentation relevant to the audience more they will be interested.
- Reduce your introduction. The session chair will introduce you and save time for important facts.
- Never read from your slides. Your audience will be reading your slides. Support that with more clarifications.
- Practice speaking. Practice much as possible. Consider about time. You will only have 15 – 20 min. use it wisely. Use it fully. The more you practice, the more you will be comfortable.
- Avoid jargon. Using more specific word may reduce the interesting for the audience. Especially when speaking regarding your institutes/company processes.
Give priority to findings. Give more priority to your findings and outcomes. Reduce time spending for the background.
Things to do before the presentation at the conference to prevent technical delays/issues
- Ensure that you are available at least 30 minutes before the session starts on the days of the conference.
- All presentations must run on the Windows operating system – the Laptop and the Presentations MUST be submitted to the IT table 15 minutes in advance to ensure that the sessions run according to schedule without any delays.
- Bring an extra-copy of your presentation to the conference on a USB media storage device. This copy is to be used as a backup if required at the IT table.
- Make sure the USB media storage device and presentation file is properly labeled with your name, present day, and time
- Ensure that you are available at least one hour before the session
- Send your final presentation via mail to the organizing committee by the prescribed deadline
- If you need any special arrangements (Different operating system, videos to be displayed etc.,) you should communicate to the organizing committee the presentation submission deadline.
- Please note that the organizing committee shall not be held responsible for any technical issues occurring due to late communication.
Technical Assistant for your presentation
- A technical assistant will be provided for technical issues during your presentation
- All presentations must run on the Windows operating system – the Laptop and the Multimedia Projector will be available. The recommended software to be used is Microsoft PowerPoint.
- SMART pointer will be provided. Click here for more information and guidelines regarding pointer.
What is a poster presentation?
As a poster presenter you can deliver your presentation to the audience effectively in the form of a poster.
In a poster session, there is no formal oral presentation; instead, each author is assigned a display area on which diagrams, graphics, data, pictures/photos, and a small amount of text are presented.
The poster should be self-understandable, but the author should be available at certain times, such as refreshment breaks and during the devoted poster session, to interact with viewers and answer questions.
Poster presenters will get lot of benefits in their registration fee package.
Important tips, information and guideline for Poster presentations
General Guidelines for Poster Production
How you should make the content of a poster? A good poster should answer following questions.
- Does the poster deliver a message?
- The information’s are enough or too much?
- Graphics are expressing the information?
- Is it original in its content or findings?
- Is the methodology mentioned?
- Are aims and objectives mentioned?
- Are the conclusions/results presented?
Visual guideline for posters
- Make the layout and show it to your colleagues first.
- The heading of the poster should be visible and it should include topic, Author name and contact details.
- The letters should be visible at least from approximately 2.5 meters.
- Use simple format and more spatial layout with good color combination.
- Use reader friendly icons and symbols such as arrows, numbers and etc.
- Avoid much as possible abbreviations and jargons.
- Highest clarity and visibility will attract the audience.
Dimensions for the posters are 2*3 feet (Width 2 and Height 3). Please ensure that your poster does not exceed this size.
Please ensure that you handover the poster to the organizing committee at the registration table.
Poster viewing session and Evaluation
A time slot will be allocated for the poster viewing in the conference program and Please ensure that you stand by your poster(s) during that session for discussion and questions.
As visitors examine the display area, the poster presenters are then able to explain on material viewed, answer questions, exchange contact information, and fully discuss the subject matter.
If you wish your paper to be published in Conference Publications, but will not able to attend the conference, you have an option to register as a “virtual presenter”.
- Abstracts and papers will be published in conference proceedings
- Submit your paper for peer review to the supporting Journals
An author certificate, abstract book and conference materials will be posted to every virtual presenter after the conference.
Evaluation of the Presentations
All the presentations (Oral/Poster) will be evaluated by the session chairs and evaluation panel members based on the given criteria. Based on the marks given by the session chairs and evaluation panel members, the best presenter in each session, best overall presenter, best student presenter and best poster presenter will be selected. All these winners will be awarded at the Awards ceremony.
A writer for essays is a professional who writes essays that cover a range of subjects. They are experienced and write well-researched and logically organized documents.It should also indicate the scope and aims of your work, giving them a sense of what to expect in the rest of the paper writing service.The first step when writing an essay is to choose an appropriate topic. Take your time and think about a few options before you make the final choice.